Tickets are non-transferable except as set out in the Ticket Terms and Conditions. A Ticket Purchaser may purchase Tickets only for their own personal use and/or that of their Guest(s). Each Ticket Purchaser must retain at least one (1) Ticket for their own personal use and may only transfer any remaining Ticket(s) to their Guest(s) for their personal use (provided always that the Guest is a natural person who is known to the Ticket Purchaser personally and who did not become known to the Ticket Purchaser through the sale, transfer or disposal of the Ticket), for no greater than the original sale price and not for commercial gain. Any such transfer by the Ticket Purchaser of a Ticket to a Guest must be made strictly subject to the Ticket Terms and Conditions (and the Guest’s acceptance thereof) which shall be binding upon the Guests in full as if the Guest was the Ticket purchaser, provided that the Guest shall have no right to transfer his/her Ticket.
Articles in this section
- When will I receive my tickets?
- What happens if I lose my tickets?”
- Can I upgrade my child ticket to an adult ticket?
- Why can I not buy a child ticket on its own?
- What ID do I need to take?
- I am coming from overseas how do I apply for a Visa?
- Are there tickets for school groups?
- Do I have to pay for all the tickets I have been allocated?
- Can I refuse any tickets I have been allocated?
- What is your babes in arms policy?